Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Superstar!



After my recent trip to the beach, the ocean is still on my mind.  Here's a happy star applique from me to you.  In my mind, they're seastars, but really, they make great cosmic stars, too!


Star
rd
directions
total
1
mc 5
5
2
(inc)
10
3
([ss, ch 7, sc in the 3rd ch from the hook, skip 1 ch, hdc, skip 1 ch, dc], skip 1 sc, ss) X 5
5 arms made
fo, weave in loose ends



You can whip stitch two together for a puffier (and more finished) 3D creation.  This results in a piece perfect for gift tags, fridgies, and little toys.
Here is the pattern for the back piece:
rd
directions
total
1
mc 5
5
2
(inc)
10
3
[ss, turn, ch 7, sc in the 3rd ch from the hook, skip 1 ch, hdc, skip 1 ch, dc], skip 1 sc, ss
1 arm made

4
([ss, ch 7, sc in the 3rd ch from the hook, skip 1 ch, hdc, skip 1 ch, dc], skip 1 sc, ss) X 4
4 additional arms made
fo, weave in loose ends

5
whip stitch this piece to the first piece, with the backsides facing, fo, weave in the loose end




Please do not sell this pattern or reproduce it in any way.  If you would like to share it, please do not copy & paste, but instead link to this page.  Thank you!

  
Make a herd.  Make a galaxy.  Have fun and Happy Crocheting!






5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern! I converted it to coasters. They turned out awesome! What a cute design. Thanks again! http://ow.ly/o8mI4

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I hope that doesn't count as reproduction of your pattern, but I will take it down if you'd like. Just let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, but that's perfectly fine with me. Love the coasters - how fun!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big are the finished stars? I don't need an exact measurement just approximate.

    ReplyDelete